Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Deer In Our Backyard 2

There were pictures, I took, back in January, of deer in our backyard that weren't too bad. But these pictures are better, clearer and brighter. One morning, last week, I saw a couple deer in the back of our place and quickly and quietly got the camera.

I have always enjoyed the deer. They seem to inspire serenity. And I'm awed by their agility.

Somehow, I managed to get around the snow shovel, portable air compressor, a bag of aluminum cans and a sizable charcoal grill on our second floor balcony without creating so much noise that would scare away the deer before I could get my shots. It was a miracle. Usually, they're pretty flighty, although lately, they're becoming less timid around civilization. I think they're getting as used to us being around- as we are of them.


These creatures are certainly beautiful and majestic.

6 comments:

ed said...

would love to try venison

THE SNEE said...

You're so lucky to have deer in your backyard! Maybe my next house will have flora and fauns like yours. Lovely photos Kelly.

Kelly said...

ed- I've tried it. It's tasty in ground, jerky or steak form. :-)

Kelly said...

THE SNEE- Yes, I am. Hopefully, your next house will have flora and fauna. I wish you nothing but the best, Rebecca. And thank you.

Anonymous said...

Duud, that is just a guy posing in a deer outfit. Doing that cosplay stuff as Daffy Deer.

Kelly said...

Anonymous- How did you know that? You're pretty smart. That's actually me in the deer outfit and Daffy Deer is my cousin with the big antlers.